We're Social | Follow Us!
Social Media Terms and Conditions
The Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office is on several social media channels including: Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Youtube, and Nextdoor. Our accounts are NOT monitored 24/7. Our Social Media pages exists to provide access to information about the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office and provide a platform for interaction with the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office according to the guidelines outlined herewith. Users are additionally subject to the Terms of Service of the host site. Posting on this page constitutes acceptance of these terms:
- In case of emergency, please call 911.
- Do not use this page to report a crime. To report a crime, please visit http://www.mcohiosheriff.org/support_services/crime_reporting_and_tips/crime_tips.php or please call the Regional Dispatch Center at (937) 225-4357. Keep in mind, information can be provided anonymously.
- If you post information related to a crime on this page, you may be publicly identifying yourself as a witness. In some instances, this may result in a subpoena or possibly endanger yourself or others.
- “Friending” or “following” between the Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office and a citizen does not indicate an endorsement of that citizen’s action or comments.
- Comments posted by others on this page are not to be considered the opinion of the office; nor does the office endorse any third party commenters on this page.
- The office reserves the right to remove and/or block anyone who posts inappropriate material as determined by the office (see: Moderation of Third Party Content)
- If a user post/comment is removed for violation of these rules, the user will be provided notice about why the post was removed. The user will also be informed that a second violation will result in being banned/blocked from the page.
- If you are looking for more information about the office, please visit www.mcohiosheriff.org
Moderation of Third Party Content
The Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office’s social media site serves as a limited public forum and all content published is subject to monitoring. User-generated posts will be rejected or removed (if possible) when the content:
- Is off-subject or out of context
- Contains obscenity or material that appeals to the prurient interest
- Contains personal identifying information or sensitive personal information
- Contains offensive terms that target protected classes
- Is threatening, harassing or discriminatory
- Incites or promotes violence or illegal activities
- Contains information that reasonably could compromise individual or public safety
- Advertises or promotes a commercial product or service, or any entity or individual
- Promotes or endorses political campaigns or candidates
Public Records Law
Government office social media sites are subject to applicable public records laws. Any content maintained in a social media format related to government office business, including communication posted by The Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office and communication received from citizens, is a public record.